Start-up Addresses Growing Pains
A company planning 200-600 employee growth in 12 months had inadequate HR systems to support a globally distributed workforce. No HR strategy was in place to drive business objectives, employee data needed for decision making was inaccurate and difficult to obtain.
- Created 120-day plan to upgrade, automate or outsource HR functions; streamline processes and develop a single employee database offering web-based employee and manager self-service functionality.
- Streamlined and automated the staffing and recruitment function. Implemented web-based tools to help managers reduce hiring cycle time and improve quality of hires.
- Determined system requirements and specifications, developed the RFP and facilitated HRMS vendor selection and implementation.
HR was positioned to scale and play a strategic role in growing the business. The Company saved over $225k in 8 months over previous practices.
Back to Top
Technical Training on a Shoestring
The Training Department of an 80,000 employee global tech firm had a limited budget and no capability to provide requested engineering courses.
- Identified alternative funding source, conducted training needs assessment for 600 engineers and wrote successful grant proposal.
- Insured direct link between training outcomes and business objectives.
- Identified and hired training vendors, designed project budget and tracking mechanism to insure reimbursement based on grant funding guidelines.
Obtained $300k from State of California Employment Training Panel (ETP) for engineering training program to ensure the company retained technical talent and remained competitive.
Back to Top
Culture Change Drive Sales
The bank was losing market share and experiencing unusually high turnover. Despite sales and product training efforts, the staff was not selling new products and services to customers. Managers blamed training; Executives blamed managers. Morale was low.
- Determined the company was recruiting the wrong skill set and had weak hiring and employee orientation practices.
- Redesigned the staffing, recruitment, interviewing and orientation processes to drive business objectives and achieve customer service and sales targets.
- Developed corporate communication plan to reinforce movement to'‘sales' culture.
Within six months, the 'sales and service' culture transition was on track. Sales improved 25% over the previous two quarters and turnover was reduced by 16%, while customer satisfaction scores improved. Staff morale improved by 30% in six months.
Back to Top
The HR team of a global semiconductor company sought an alternative to costly traditional outplacement services when faced with additional layoffs. However, they did not want a completely 'virtual', or web-based, model of service delivery.
The team voted 95% that if their own jobs were eliminated they would prefer the outplacement services offered by GALMI over the service provided by their previous vendor.
- GALMI trained managers on how to deliver lay-off notifications, which received a higher evaluation rating than previous training on this subject.
- GALMI provided on-site career counselors on notification day, job search workshops tailored to impacted professions, on-site counseling for one month and unlimited workshops and use of a proprietary career portal for 12 months.
Company saved $200k over the previous outplacement service delivery while receiving higher satisfaction ratings from separated employees, managers and HR staff.
Back to Top
Additional Project Areas
Tired of reinventing the wheel?
- GALMI can help you streamline, document and automate your HR and business processes so you and your team can focus on adding value for your customers.
Bad hiring decisions distracting you?
- We'll help you reduce hiring cycle time, improve your recruiting efficiency while you attract and keep more "Star" players.
Do you have weak or novice managers?
- We all know poor management leads to turnover and lack of employee engagement. Don't let weak management drive good hires away.
- We have coached and trained hundreds of managers to be more effective people developers and project leaders.
Does your performance management process drive desired business results? Do your employees know how their individual efforts impact the big picture?
- Most employees say they don't know how their performance is measured, and aren't sure how their job makes a difference in the larger organizational context.
- People who believe their actions are noticed, valued and rewarded are more engaged and loyal.
Contact GALMI today to take the pain out of your people processes!
Back to Top